- mammals and reptiles
- birds and fishes
- mammals and amphibians
- birds, mammals and crocodile
Which of the following is an egg-laying mammal?
Explain how animals in Vertebrata are classified into further subgroups.
Describe the general characteristics of mammals.
- milk producing glands
- oil glands
- Both (A) and (B)
Which of the following is not viviparous?
Flying Fox (Bat)
Mention one unique feature of mammals.
- Maintenance of constant body temperature
- Four chambered heart
- Lungs for gaseous exchange
In which one of the following the genus name its two characters and its class/phylum are correctly matched?
Which one of the following sets of animals share a four chambered heart?
(a) Amphibian, Reptiles, Birds
(b) Crocodiles, Birds, Mammals
(c) Crocodiles, Lizards, Turtles
(d) Lizards, Mammals, Birds
- Two chambered heart - Fishes and amphibians
- Four chambered heart - Birds and mammals
- Three chambered heart - Amphibians and birds
- Three chambered heart - Reptiles and mammals
- Thecodont dentition
- Alveolar lungs
- Ten pairs of cranial nerves
- Seven cervical vertebrae
Pinnae are present in
- four chambered heart.
- Kangaroo, Hedgehog, Dolphin, Loris
- Shrew, Bat, Cat, Kiwi
- Lion, Bat, Whale, Ostrich
- Platypus, Penguin, Bat, Hippopotamus
- Presence of diaphragm
- Four-chambered heart
- Rib cage
What are the five main animal groups?
Which of the following sets of animals belong to a single taxonomic group?
(a) Cuttlefish, jellyfish, silverfish, dogfish, starfish
(b) bat, pigeon, butterfly
(c) Monkey, chimpanzee, man
(d) Silkworm, tapeworm, earthworm
- Housefly - Musca, an order
- Humans - Primata, the family
- Tiger - Tigris, the species
- Cuttle fish - Mollusca, a class
While answering this question you are required to choose any one of the following five responses.
Assertion: The duck-billed platypus and the spiny anteater, both are egg-laying animals yet they are grouped under mammals.
Reason: Both of them have seven cervical vertebrae and 12 pairs of cranial nerves.
Which of the following is an oviparous mammal?
- Reptilia, Mammalia
- Chondrichthyes, Mammalia
- Osteichthyes, Mammalia
- Amphibia, Amphibia
- 4 chambered heart
(a) Three subphyla of phylum Chordata are Tunicata, Cephalochordata and Vertebrata.
(b) In Ascidia, notochord is present only in larval tail.
(c) Notochord persists throughout life in all vertebrates.
(d) Nerve cord is ventral, solid and double in chordates.
Choose the option with only incorrect statements.
- (a) and (c) are correct
- (a) and (d) are correct
- (b) and (c) are incorrect
- (c) and (d) are incorrect
Which of the following is not a character common to all chordates?
dorsal hollow nervous system
What is sella turcica?
Jaws are absent in:
Is crocodile a homeotherm?