The structural unit formed by tight coiling of DNA around the histone octamer is called the ________________.
Q. Nucleosome is
- Satellite DNA
- Double helical DNA
- Intron interrupted DNA
- Negatively charged DNA wrapped around positively charged histone octamer
Q. The length of DNA molecule greatly exceeds the dimensions of the nucleus in eukaryotic cells. How is this DNA accomodated?
- Through elimination of repetitive DNA
- Deletion of non-essential genes
- DNase digestion
- Coiling of nucleosomes
Nuclear pore complex
Q. Histones are
responsible for packaging the DNA into a compact structure.
- nucleic acids
Q. The structural unit formed by tight coiling of DNA around the histone octamer is called the
Q. Sort the DNA structures in the increasing order of the complexity.
Q. The association of histone H1 with a nucleosome indicates :
- Transcription is occurring
- DNA replication is occurring
- DNA is condensed into a chromatin fibre
- DNA double helix is exposed
What are the structures called that give an appearance as ‘beads on a string’ in the chromosomes when viewed under an electron microscope?
- Base pairs
Q. Viruses that infect plants generally have
- ssRNA or dsDNA