Q. Which of the following molecules has the largest extent of back bonding?
Q. The impossible overlap among the following is:
Q. A p orbital can accommodate
- 4 electrons
- 6 electrons
- 2 electrons with parallel spins
- 2 electrons with opposite spins
Q. What is likely to be orbit number for a circular orbit of diameter 20 nm of the hydrogen atom?
Q. The electrons are more likely to be found :
- in the region a and b
- in the region a and c
- Only in the region c
- Only in the region a
Q. Which of the following statements regarding an orbital are correct?
- An orbital is the region around the nucleus where is 90 - 95% probability of finding an electron of an atom
- An orbital is a definite trajectory around the nucleus in which electron can move
- An orbital always has spherical trajectory
- An orbital is characterized by 3 quantum numbers n, l and m
Q. Which among the following statements is/are correct for Hydrogen atom?
- For all orbitals, the radial wave function (ψ) approaches to zero as r approaches infinity
- The radial probability density (ψ2) for '1s' orbital is maximum at nucleus.
- The radial distribution function (4πx2ψ2) for '1s' is maximum at nucleus.
- In plot of radial wave function (ψ) changes its sign at nodes.
Q. List the main points of difference between an orbit and an orbital.
Q. What is the shape of f-orbital ?
- dumb bell
- double dumb bell
- no definite shape
Q. There are total of ________ orbitals