Difference between exocrine and endocrine glands?
- They produce and secretes Hormones directly into the bloodstream.
- As the word suggests, "Endo" means Inside + "Crine" means to secrete, therefore Endocrine means = To Secrete Inside.
- Located away from the target.
- Examples = Pineal Gland, Pituitary Gland, Hypothalamus etc.
- They produce and secretes the enzymes onto an epithelial surface by the way of a duct.
- As the word suggests, "Exo" means Outside + "Crine" means to secrete, therefore Exocrine means = To secrete Outside.
- Located over the target to pour the secretion.
- Examples = Sweat Glands, Salivary Glands, Mammary Glands etc.
> Exception: Mixocrine Glands i.e. they consists of both Endocrine and Exocrine Part and secretes Enzymes and Hormones both (Eg. Liver & Pancreas).