Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of synthetic fibres.
Synthetic fibres are man-made fibres that are produced in industries with the help of chemicals.
1. They do not shrink
2. They are quick drying and need very little or no ironing.
3. They last longer as compared the fabrics made from natural fibres.
1. Synthetic fibres do not absorb water or sweat.
2. Synthetic fibres melt and burn easily.
3. Synthetic fibres on catching fire shrink forming beads which stick to the skin. Therefore it is not advisable to use clothes made from synthetic fibres while working near flam/fire, such as in a kitchen
4.Synthetic fibres are nonbiodegradable