CameraIcon
CameraIcon
SearchIcon
MyQuestionIcon
MyQuestionIcon
1
You visited us 1 times! Enjoying our articles? Unlock Full Access!
Question

In an election held between two candidate, 75% voters cast vote, out of them 2% votes declared invalid. One candidate got 9261 votes which was 75% of valid votes In this election what was the total number of registered voters ?

Open in App
Solution

Let the registered voters be 100. units

Since, 75% voters casted votes, therefore,

Total no. of voters =75%×100=75 units

Now, out of this, no. of valid votes =98%×75=73.5 units

Since, candidate one got 75% of votes, therefore the other candidate got 25% of votes.

Hence, no. of votes candidate one got =75%×73.5=55.125 units

According to the question,

55.125 units =9261 votes

1 units =926155.125 votes

100 units =926155.125×100 votes

Therefore, total registered votes is 16800


flag
Suggest Corrections
thumbs-up
5
Join BYJU'S Learning Program
similar_icon
Related Videos
thumbnail
lock
Solving Linear Equations Using Transpose of Terms
MATHEMATICS
Watch in App
Join BYJU'S Learning Program
CrossIcon