- Name the star nearest to the Earth.
- Why does it appear brighter and hotter than other stars ?
- How much time is required for light to reach the Earth from this star ?
- Give the composition of this star.
- What is the source of energy of this star ?
Open in App
- Sun is the star nearest to the Earth.
- The Sun appears brighter and hotter than other stars because it is nearest to the Earth as compared to other stars.
- The light from the Sun reaches the Earth in 8 minutes and 20 seconds.
- The Sim consists of 70% hydrogen gas, 28% helium gas and 2% of heavier elements such as carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, etc. ,
- In the Sun nuclear fusion of hydrogen to helium, with the release of large amount of energy takes place.