CameraIcon
CameraIcon
SearchIcon
MyQuestionIcon


Question

Why does blood taste saltish? 


  1. Due to the presence of hormones 

  2. Due to the presence of sodium chloride 

  3. Due to the presence of proteins 

  4. Due to the presence of haemoglobin 


Solution

The correct option is B

Due to the presence of sodium chloride 


Blood is a coloured fluid which consists of two parts: the plasma and corpuscles. The plasma is yellowish in colour. Most of it is water (about 90%) and the remaining 10% consists of dissolved nutrients, proteins, waste products, and hormones. There are also dissolved minerals like sodium chloride in the plasma, which make the blood taste saltish. 

flag
 Suggest corrections
thumbs-up
 
0 Upvotes


Similar questions
View More...



footer-image