Air pollution should be checked at individual level in the following ways :
- We can use public transportation and encourage carpooling so that air pollution can be reduced.
- Instead of going by cars and scooters for short distances, we can go walking or by bicycle.
- By saying no to crackers we can minimise air pollution as well as noise pollution.
- We can plant trees as they reduce air pollution.
- By disposing of garbage properly and not burning it. As burning of garbage releases greenhouse gases which are responsible for global warming.
- By taking care that dry leaves are dispose-off properly. As they tend to burn on their own which pollutes the air.
- By using cleaner fuels like CNG and LPG instead of petrol and diesel.
- By controlling the emissions of vehicles and household chimneys