- The columnar epithelium has cells that are similar to the pillar to the column.
- The nuclei of these cells are located at the bottom and are present in the lining of the stomach and intestine
- The main function of columnar epithelium is absorption and secretion.
- The ciliated epithelium is the columnar epithelium that has cilia.
- They are present in the inner surface of bronchioles and fallopian tubes.
- The main function of these cells is to move particles in a specific direction.
Therefore, it can be concluded that the presence of cilia helps in differentiating between columnar epithelium and ciliated epithelium.