Reproduction is the biological process of producing their offsprings, identical to their parents. Every living organism existing on this planet- plant, animal or other living organism undergo reproduction to continue its lineage.
The significance of reproduction include:
- Helps in maintaining the number of species
- Helps in organisms from becoming extinct.
- Ensures continuity of similar kinds of individuals.
- Is essential in creating variations in species through genetic recombination.
- Helps in studying evolution as sexual reproduction results in variation among the species.
For more information on spores, different modes of reproduction and other related topics, visit us @BYJU’S Biology.