A diet that contains all the vital nutrients required by the human body is called a balanced diet.
A balanced diet comprises vital nutrients like carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, minerals, proteins, and fibre. Sufficient and nutritious food that ensures good health is included in a balanced diet. A healthy and balanced diet helps to reduce the risk of diseases and improves overall health.
- Aim to eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables each day.
- Drink plenty of water (six to eight glasses is recommended, though this will vary).
- Try to include at least two portions of fish every week.
- Get into the habit of eating breakfast daily; it can help reduce snacking later on.
- Adults are advised to conduct 150 minutes of moderate exercise every week
Benefits of a balanced diet
- Vitamins and minerals in the diet are vital to boost immunity and healthy development,
- A healthy diet can protect the human body against certain types of diseases,
- Healthy diets can also contribute to adequate body weight.
- Better mood and energy levels.
- Improved memory and brain health.