The August Declaration
Q. Who was the Viceroy of India at the time of the August Declaration?
- Lord Chelmsford
- Lord Linlithgow
- Lord Irwin
- Lord Curzon
Q. When did the August Declaration take place?
- 2nd August, 1915 CE
- 20th August, 1917 CE
- 15th August, 1911 CE
- 14th August, 1920 CE
Q. What was termed as the Magna Carta of India by the Moderates of the Indian National Congress?
- Lucknow Pact, 1916
- Government of India Act, 1919
- August Declaration, 1917
- Home Rule Movement
Q. Identify the main features of the Government of India Act, 1919.
- The Central Government was no longer responsible to the British Parliament.
- Distribution of powers between the Central Government and the Provincial Government.
- Division of Central Legislature.
- Introduction of Dyarchy
Q. What were the factors behind the declaration on 20th August, 1917?
- Union of the two estranged factions of the INC and the Muslim League
- Indian cooperation in the First World War
- Increasing popularity of the Home Rule Leagues
- Increasing strength of the Provincial Governments
Q. Match the following events with their respective dates:
Q. How many seats did Sikhs demand in the legislative council as a reaction to the August Declaration?
Q. What were the main features of August Declaration?
- More employment to Indians in higher services
- Development of self governing institutions
- India to be separated from British empire
- India to remain inseparable part of British empire
Q. Which declaration was called Magna Carta by the moderates?
- Montague Chelmsford Reform
- Lahore Resolution
- August Declaration
- Education Reform