The noble gas that does not have a closed octet in its outer shell is:
Q. Which of the following observations are incorrect for the noble gases - He, Ne, Ar, Kr, and Xe?
- The general ground state valence electron configuration is ns2 np6
- The given noble gases belong to the far right of the periodic table and exhibit very high electronegativity
- Compared to the other elements, these elements are monoatomic gases at room temperature
- They all show negative values of electron affinity
- Also, these gases have a comparatively high first ionization energy
The gas that is not absorbed by coconut charcoal is:
Q. The range of temperature over which noble gases remain liquid is no more than 10oC.
Q. Barring Helium, the melting and boiling points of every noble gas lie within a range of 10 degrees Celsius – True or false?
Which among the following is the most reactive?
Q. Which one of the following orders is correct for the bond dissociation enthalpy of halogen molecules?
Q. Which of the following can be termed as oxyfluorides of Xenon?
Q. Under ambient conditions, the total number of gases released as products in the final step of the reaction scheme shown below is:
Q. In which of the following compounds, the Fluorine atoms are placed axially in a trigonal bipyramidal geometry?