Air and Its Composition
Percentage of nitrogen and oxygen in the air is ____ respectively.
70% and 30% approx
80% and 20% approx
78% and 21% approx
60% and 40% approx
The third most abundant gas in the atmosphere is carbon dioxide.
Air over land is _________ the air over water bodies.
What would be the direction of the wind during the day?
From the sea to the land
Does not flow from the sea to the land
From the land to the sea
Cannot be ascertained
Q. Warmer places of the earth are at the
- south pole
- north pole
___ % of the air comprises of oxygen.
Q. What is the correct order of air composition?
- Nitrogen>Oxygen>Carbon dioxide>Argon
- Nitrogen>Carbon dioxide>Argon>Oxygen
- Nitrogen>Oxygen>Argon>Carbon dioxide
- Nitrogen>Argon>Oxygen>Carbon dioxide
Q. The major component of the Earth's atmosphere is
Q. 78% of air is carbon-dioxide.
Q. Which among the following statements are true regarding movement of air in costal regions?
- During daytime, air from sea moves towards land due to the low pressure region formed in land.
- During daytime, air from land moves towards sea due to the low pressure region formed in sea.
- At night, the air above sea cools before that of the air above land.
- At night, air above land cools down before that of the air above sea.