(b) Why is it called an artery if it does not carry oxygen-rich blood?
Which of the following is correct about the pulmonary artery?
I : It contains oxygen rich blood
II : It contains carbon dioxide rich blood
III : It carries blood pumped from the heart to lungs
IV : It carries blood from the lungs to the heart
I and III
I and IV
II and III
- Superior vena cava, right atrium, left ventricle
- Right ventricle, pulmonary arteries, left atrium
- Left ventricle, aorta, inferior vena cava
- Right atrium, aorta, left ventricle
The blood circulation that passes through the lungs is called
Pulmonary arteries carry oxygenated blood. True or false?
There are two circuits the blood circulates in.
Choose the options that correctly shows the direction of blood in the heart, lungs and body and the type of the circulation. (You may choose more than one option.)
Systemic Circulation: Right Ventricle ⟶ Lungs ⟶ Left Atrium
Pulmonary Circulation: Right Ventricle ⟶ Lungs ⟶ Left Atrium
Systemic Circulation: Left Ventricle ⟶ Body ⟶ Right Atrium
Pulmonary Circulation: Right Ventricle ⟶ Body ⟶ Left Atrium
- Blood from heart is carried to the lungs for oxygenation
- Blood from all parts of the body is brought back to the heart
- Oxygenated blood is pumped from the heart to all parts of the body
- Oygenated blood is transported from the lungs to the heart.
- Left atrium
- Pulmonary vein
- Left ventricle
- Right Ventricle
- Pulmonary artery
- Right Atrium