Qualities of a Good Vector
Reason: DNA cannot pass through cell membranes since it is a hydrophilic molecule.
Select the correct option.
- Both the assertion and reason are true and the reason is the correct explanation of assertion
- Both the assertion and reason are true and reason is not the correct explanation of assertion
- Assertion is true but the reason is false
- Both the assertion and reason are false
What are cloning sites and explain their role?
- F+ gets modified into F–
- F– gets modified into F+
- F– gets modified into F–
- Hfr gets modified into F−
Do Prokaryotes have multiple origins of replication?
Reason (R): The linking of antibiotic resistance genes with plasmid vectors became possible by enzyme DNA ligase.
- Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
- Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A
- A is true but R is false
- Both A and R are false
- pBR322 - artificially synthesised plasmid
- YAC - Host organism
- BAC - bacterial artificial chromosome
- pUC19 - artificially synthesised plasmid
- Origin of replication
- High copy number
- Selectable marker
- Cloning sites
Statement1: PCR primers must not have self-complementary regions.
Statement 2: Self-complementary regions result in hairpin structures, adversely affecting the PCR.
- Both the statements are true
- Statement 1 is true and statement 2 is false
- Statement 1 is false and statement 2 is true
- Both the statements are false
What is meant by cloning vector?
How is foreign DNA inserted?
- calcium chloride and micro injection
- potassium chloride and heat shock
- calcium chloride and heat shock
- potassium chloride and microinjection
- Names of the scientists who developed the plasmid
- Name of the restriction endonuclease enzymes
- Name of University where vector was developed
- Strain of bacteria
- Restriction endonucleases
- DNA ligase
- DNA fragments
- E. coli
- "R"- factor
- "S"- factor
- "G"- factor
- "P"- factor
Statement 1 : The cloning vector is required to have very few, preferably single, recognition sites for the commonly used restriction enzymes.Statement 2 : Presence of more than one recognition sites within a cloning vector will generate several fragments, which will complicate the process of gene cloning.
- Both statements 1 and 2 are correct
- Statement 1 is correct but statement 2 is incorrect
- Statement 1 is incorrect but statement 2 is correct
- Both statements 1 and 2 are incorrect
- Easily available
- Able to replicate
- Able to integrate with host chromosome
- Transgene is not inserted in the correct position in plasmid
- The plasmid does not have the transgene
- The plasmid does not have a marker
- The ori site is missing
Which among the following is the most probable mistake he might have made?
- He did not use the enzyme DNA polymerase
- He used double stranded mammalian DNA
- He used two different restriction enzymes
- He inserted only one gene of the mammalian DNA into the plasmid
is pBR322 the first artificial cloning vector to be constructed ?
what does BR stands for ?
if a protein incoding gene is expressed in a heterologous host, it is calles recombinant protein.
what does this mean?
- To select healthy vectors
- As selectable markers
- As sequence from where replication starts
- To keep the cultures free of infection
- To help in selecting the cells that are transformed
- To mark the proteins synthesized by the gene of interest
- To mark the location from where the replication starts
- To mark the location of transgene in the plasmid
Q. "Therefore, for the multiplication of any alien piece of DNA in an organisms it needs to be a part of a chromosome(s) which has a specific sequences known as origin of replication. " Explain the above lines.
Wont all chromosomes have their own origin of replication?