CameraIcon
CameraIcon
SearchIcon
MyQuestionIcon
MyQuestionIcon
Question

Anil and Sunil can complete a job in 15 days and 20 days respectively. Both of them started it together. Anil left 6 days before the work was completed. Find the time taken (in days) to complete the work.

A
8
No worries! We‘ve got your back. Try BYJU‘S free classes today!
B
10
No worries! We‘ve got your back. Try BYJU‘S free classes today!
C
12
Right on! Give the BNAT exam to get a 100% scholarship for BYJUS courses
D
14
No worries! We‘ve got your back. Try BYJU‘S free classes today!
Open in App
Solution

The correct option is C 12

Let total work is LCM of (15, 20) = 60

Work done by Anil in a day = 4 units

Work done by Sunil in a day = 3 units

Anil worked for (t – 6) days and Sunil worked for t days.

4(t – 6) + 3t = 60

t = 12; Option (c).

2nd method:- during last 6 days sunil alone will work i.e 30% of work will be done by sunil alone. Remaining 70% of work will be done together. In one day both will do (10015)+(10020)=11.67% , then 70% will complete in 6 days. Total 6+6= 12 days.Option (c).


flag
Suggest Corrections
thumbs-up
1
BNAT
mid-banner-image