We all use computers for typing and sending emails, sending applications for jobs, as well as for writing and creating different files and documents. If the same process is done manually, this will take a lot of time.
Today with the help of Word Processing, we can draft a mail, edit, send or take a printout in very little time.
Word processing is the most popular computer application that enables users to create, store and display on a screen. Word processing is an example of Application software.
Let us learn more in detail about Word Processing.
What is Word Processing?
Word Processing needs a software which is called ‘Word Processor’. Some of the main Word Processors are Word, Notepad, Wordpad, etc.
A Word Processor is a software used to type text, edit text, and format and decorate the text. Word processing has enabled grammar correction and computerised spell testing features, which helps eliminate errors.
How to open the word?
Here is a list of instructions used to open the word:
- Drag the mouse pointer to the start button.
- Click on the left button of the mouse.
- The start menu will appear on the screen.
- Search and click on the “All programs” option.
- Search and click on the Microsoft Office.
- Select and click on the Microsoft Word 2007 option.
How to Open and Save the Document?
Any text material created through a word processor is a word file or word document.
After opening the Microsoft Word 2007 file, users can type the required text with the help of a keyboard. Once typing the text, the user can recheck and correct spellings or edits, if needed.
After completing typing the text, the same file can be saved into the computer permanently by saving either in a disk or a folder.
Here is a list of instructions used for saving a file:
- Go to the File menu, select and click on the “Save as” option.
- Give a specific name to the file.
- Choose the location or folder where you want to save the file.
- If you want to save the file in a separate folder, create a new folder.
- Click on the mouse’s right button at the empty place where other files and folders are placed; a box will appear with different options.
- Click on the new option, then click on the folder.
- A new folder will be created at the end, and a line will blink.
- Name the folder and press the enter key.
- Now your new folder is created.
- Now left-click the mouse to open the folder.
- Save the file or a document into this folder.
- Now click on the Save button.
- The file has been saved successfully in a new folder, for further reference of users.
How to Close a File?
Once opening the file it is necessary to close a document file after working on it. By doing this, the data will remain safe.
To close the file:
- Go to the File menu.
- Select and click on the “Exit” option.
- A dialogue box will appear on the screen with the options ‘Yes’ or ‘No.’
- Click on the ‘Yes’ option. The file will get closed.
How to Close a Word Program?
The procedure to close a word program is called to quit or exit. When the user no longer needs to work on word processing, it is necessary to close the word file.
To close the Word program :
- Click on the close button (X) present on the upper right side of the word screen.
- The Word program will get closed.
Another option to close the Word program is:
- Go to the File menu
- Select and click on the “Exit” option given at the end. Word file will close by clicking on it.
Frequently Asked Questions on Word Processing
What are the keyboard shortcuts to cut, copy and paste?
The keyboard shortcuts to cut, copy and paste are:
Cut – (CTRL + X)
Copy – (CTRL+ C)
Paste – (CTRL + V)
Here CTRL refers to the control key. Both the keys (CTRL + X) should be pressed together in these keyboard shortcuts.
What is word processing?
Word processing refers to typing any text, editing and formatting.
What is a word document?
A text written through a word processor is called a word file or word document.
What is the office button?
There is a button on the top left side of the word screen used to create a new file, to open an already saved file, save, print, close, etc.
How to open an already created file?
Click on the office button.
Open and select the required file to open the word program.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S for more information on NIOS, syllabus, notes, along with its important questions and solutions.