Significant Figures Calculator is a free online tool that displays the significant figures of the given number. BYJU’S online significant figures calculator tool makes the calculation faster, and it displays the significant figures of the number in a fraction of seconds.
How to Use the Significant Figures Calculator?
The procedure to use the significant figures calculator is as follows:
Step 1: Enter the number in the respective input field
Step 2: Now click the button “Solve” to get the answer
Step 3: Finally, the significant figures of the number will be displayed in the output field
What is Meant by Significant Figures?
In Mathematics, the significant figures define the number of important single digits that contribute to the degree of accuracy of the given number. The five important rules for the significant figures are as follows:
- All the non zero numbers are significant figures
- The zero present in between the non zero numbers are significant figures
- The leading zeros are not significant
- The trailing zeros present at the right side of the decimal point are significant figures
- Trailing zeros of the number without a decimal point are not significant figures
- The trailing zeros present in the whole number with the decimal point are significant figures