ASPIRE scheme was launched to set up a network of technology centres and to set up incubation centres to accelerate entrepreneurship and also to promote startups for innovation in the agro-industry. The main objectives of the scheme are to:
- Create new jobs and reduce unemployment
- Promote entrepreneurship culture in India
- Grassroots economic development at the district level
- Facilitate innovative business solutions for un-met social needs
- Promote innovation to further strengthen the competitiveness of the MSME sector.