Who issues a Protected Area Permit?

A Protected Area Permit is issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs. Also known as the Foreigners (Protected Areas) Order 1958, it states that a Protected Area Permit (PAP) is required for non-Indian citizens to visit certain areas in India which mainly alludes to North East India.

Normally the PAP has a duration of 10 days, with the option of extending for another 7 days. Along with the Ministry of Home Affairs, the different authorities of the concerned Indian states can also issue the PAP, and also the Indian missions abroad.

For more relevant articles refer to the links given below:

Leave a Comment

Your Mobile number and Email id will not be published. Required fields are marked *