Rational Inequalities Calculator is a free online tool that displays the expanded form and the solution for the given rational inequality. BYJU’S online rational inequalities calculator tool performs the calculation faster, and it displays the solution in a fraction of seconds.
How to Use the Rational Inequalities Calculator?
The procedure to use the rational inequalities calculator is as follows:
Step 1: Enter the rational inequality in the input field
Step 2: Now click the button “Submit” to get the result
Step 3: Finally, the expanded form and solution of the given rational inequality will be displayed in the new window
What is Meant by Rational Inequalities?
In mathematics, rational inequality is defined as an inequality, which consists of rational expressions. We know that rational expression should be in the form of p/q. For example, x+5/x+1 is a rational expression. Also, the different inequalities in Maths are greater than(>), less than (<), greater than or equal to(≥), less than or equal to (≤). Rational inequality is a combination of rational expression and inequality.
For example, (x-4)/(x+5)≥ 4 is a rational inequality.
The steps to find the solution for rational inequality is as follows:
- Rewrite the given rational inequality such that the right-hand side of the inequality is zero.
- Find the value that makes the numerator value equal to 0.
- Similarly, find the value that makes the denominator value equal to 0.
- Draw the number line using the points obtained from step 2 and 3.
- Now, select that test point that satisfies the given rational inequality.
- Finally, state the answer in the desired interval range.