- Forest Ecosystems – includes plants, animals and microorganisms that live in coordination with the abiotic factors of the environment
- Grassland Ecosystems – the vegetation is dominated by grasses and herbs such as temperate, savanna, etc.
- Tundra Ecosystems – devoid of trees and are found in cold climates or where rainfall is scarce. The ecosystem in the Arctic or mountain tops is tundra type
- Desert Ecosystem – found throughout the world. These are regions with very little rainfall
- Freshwater Ecosystem – includes lakes, ponds, rivers, streams and wetlands.
- Marine Ecosystem – includes seas and oceans.
Further Readings –