The following are the important features of the Northern plains:
- The northern plains are formed by the alluvial deposits of the three major river systems of the Indus, the Ganga and the Brahmaputra along with their tributaries.
- This plain is completely formed of alluvial soil.
- The plains are very fertile and are best suited for agriculture.
- These plains are densely populated because of their fertile lands and economic activities based on agriculture.
- Physiographic Division of Great Plains of India
- NCERT Geography Notes – MAJOR LANDFORMS OF THE EARTH
|NCERT Notes: Endogenic Processes [Geography Notes For UPSC]||NCERT Notes: Types Of Rocks [Geography Notes For UPSC]|
|NCERT Notes: Geography- Erosional landforms||Geography Questions for UPSC Mains|
|FAQ on UPSC||UPSC Syllabus|