The religious beliefs of the Harappan civilization is a matter of debate and speculation due to the sparsity of evidence and a lack of interpretation of the Indus valley alphabet.
But due to evidences unearthed so far, the following main features of Harappan religion have been confirmed:
- Worship of the Mother Goddess
- Worship of a male deity, most likely to be of Lord Shiva;
- Worship of animals, nature, semi human, or fabulous
- Worship of trees in their natural state or of their indwelling spirits
- Worship of inanimate stones or other objects, of linga and yoni symbol
For further reading check the following articles: