The main aim of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) is to carry out the planning and implementation of environmental policies that will have the following objectives in mind.
- Conservation and survey of flora, fauna, forests and wildlife.
- Prevention and control of pollution
- Afforestation and regeneration of degraded areas
For more relevant articles refer to the links given below:
- UPSC Environment and Ecology Questions
- International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- UPSC Environment and Ecology