Importance of hydrological cycle:
- It enables the availability of water for all living organisms and regulates weather patterns on our planet.
- As water undergoes infiltration, the ground purifies it of pollutants and contaminants.
- The water cycle continually feeds freshwater to all life on the planet.
- Rainfall and surface runoff play important roles in the cycling of various elements, also known as the biogeochemical cycle.
- The water cycle is powered by solar energy, and 86% of the global evaporation occurs from the oceans, reducing their temperature by evaporative cooling.