The BSEB 12th Board is the official agency in the state of Bihar that is responsible for conducting the exams for Class 12, also known as Intermediate 2nd Year. With a reputation of fielding the highest number of candidates to civil services exams, the state of Bihar has an enviable education system and this reflects in the BSEB Class 12 curriculum.
Table of Contents
- Latest Notifications
- About the BSEB 12th Board
- Overview of the BSEB 12th Board 2022
- BSEB 12th Board Exam Resources
- BSEB 12th Board Exam Statistics
- The results of the BSEB Class 12 Examinations, 2022 have been released.
- The BSEB has declared the exam dates for the 10th and 12th Board Examinations, 2022. Click here to view the date-sheet.
- The BSEB will conduct special exams for students unable to appear for the exams scheduled to take place in February, 2022.
- The BSEB has released the admit cards for the Class 12th Board Examinations, 2022.
About the BSEB 12th Board
The board usually conducts the annual exams for 2nd year Intermediate in the month of February or March. Since the marks obtained in these exams are considered a cutoff and form the eligibility criteria for admission to higher education courses such as engineering and medicine, exams for the subjects in Science and Maths streams assume extra importance. So, students are advised to refer to the list of study materials that we have provided here for Bihar Board Intermediate 2nd Year or the BSEB Class 12. The Board is also responsible for formulating the BSEB Class 12 Syllabus (Intermediate) Syllabus, prescribing the textbooks, designing the curriculum etc,
The question papers set by the Bihar School Examination Board for class 12 (Intermediate 2nd year) consist of both objective and non-objective type questions. Understanding the pattern helps the students to allocate their time to each of the topics under various subjects. A general analysis of the Bihar Board Previous Year Question Paper goes a long way in helping the students to prepare for the exams.
Functions of the BSEB 12th Board
The BSEB 12th Board performs the following activities:
- Organizing the Exams for Classes 11-12.
- Formulating the syllabus of the respective grades, keeping in view the SCERT norms.
- Designing the curriculum for the Academic Years in accordance with the prevailing conditions.
- Ensuring smooth running of the sessions.
Overview of the BSEB 12th Board 2022
|Exam Name||Bihar Board 12th Examination, 2022|
|Conducted by||Bihar Board of Secondary Education
|Exam Duration||3 hours 15 minutes|
|Number of Students||Around 16 lakhs|
|Result Date||16th March, 2022|
BSEB 12th Board Exam Resources
Students of the BSEB 12th Board begin their preparations early, and it usually starts with obtaining and understanding the syllabus. The next step is to acquire various resources such as prescribed textbooks, additional reference materials, question papers from previous exams, and marking scheme of every subject. Students can find all such important resources here required for the BSEB 12th Board Exams.
BSEB 12th Board Exam Resources for Class 11
|BSEB Class 11 Syllabus||BSEB Exam Pattern|
|BSEB Class 11 Books||BSEB Intermediate I Previous Years Question Papers|
BSEB 12th Board Exam Resources for Class 12
BSEB 12th Board Exam Statistics
- Total Number of Students: The average number of students appearing for the BSEB 12th Board Exams has roughly been more than 12 lakhs. The numbers increased in the year 2021 when 13,39,748 students appeared for their BSEB 12th Board Exams. In 2022, the numbers increased further, and a total of 13,55,749 students appeared for their BSEB Intermediate Exams, 2022. Here is a comparison of the number of students appearing for the Secondary Exams over the last few years appearing in the BSEB 12th Board Exams.
|Year||Number of Students Appeared|
- Overall Passing Percent: The performance of students in BSEB 12th Board has shown a steady increase since 2018. In 2022, the results were declared on 16th march, 2022, and 80.15 % of the students had passed the examination with flying colors. In 2020 the overall pass percentage was the highest to be recorded yet, with 80.44% of the students passing. The percentage decreased slightly in 2021 when 78.04% of the students passed. However, in 2017, only 35.25% of the students appearing for the BSEB 12th Board exams had successfully qualified. Below is a comparison of the passing percentage of the students year-wise.
|Year||Overall Pass Percentage|
Preparation for BSEB 12th Board Exams
Understanding the marking scheme forms the crux of planning and strategizing for the crucial BSEB 12th Board exams. A thorough analysis of marks allocation to each of the topics and the distribution of objective, short-answer, essay type questions, enables the students to optimize their time and energy. You could also classify the questions based on individual chapters, so you know which chapters require more preparation time.
At BYJU’S, we understand the importance of well-planned preparation. Therefore, we aim to provide the students with all the resources they need such as syllabus, previous years’ question papers, textbooks, and Bihar Board Last 5 Year Question Papers.