Science enables students to develop thinking skills. It helps provide a link between naturally occurring phenomena and substantiation to processes. It increases curiosity amongst students and helps develop interest. This greatly contributes towards the well being of our society.
Why study science
Let us try to understand why science needs to be part of our curriculum.
- Helps understand natural phenomena
- Knowledge helps arrive at accurate information
- Improves critical thinking ability
- Aims at understanding different scientific processes and procedures
- Can be opted as higher studies
Need for syllabus
- Basic reference tool
- Effective planner
- Lays expectations
- Helps teachers with pedagogical design
- Provides framework
- Instrumental in cracking exams with good results
- Helps manage time
Find below the contents in science syllabus prescribed by the JAC for class 10, academic year 2018-19.
|Human Eye and colorful world|
|Light – Reflection and Refraction|
|Magnetic Effects of Electric current|
|Sources of Energy|
|Acids, Bases and Salts|
|Carbon and its compounds|
|Chemical reactions and Equations|
|Metals and Non-Metals|
|Periodic Classification of elements|
|Control and Coordination|
|Heredity and Evolution|
|How do organisms Reproduce?|
|Management of Natural resources|
Click on the link below to get a detailed description of science syllabus for class 10 prescribed by the JAC.
|Class X JAC Science Syllabus|