Science enables students to develop thinking skills, and it increases curiosity amongst students. To understand the subjects and to know the concepts and topics taught in Class for the current academic year, students can refer to the JAC Board Class 10 Science Syllabus 2021-22. Students can also plan their exam preparation studies, accordingly. So, here we have provided an overview of the Class 10 Science syllabus for the students to get an idea about the topics or concepts they will be taught in the Science subject of Jharkhand Board Class 10.
The Jharkhand Board Class 10 Science Syllabus was reduced last year due to the pandemic. Find details of the syllabus from below:
Benefits of the JAC Class 10 Science Syllabus
- Students can use the syllabus as a basic reference tool
- It is a very effective planner for the students to plan their studies
- The syllabus helps to lay the expectations from the students
- It also helps teachers with pedagogical design
- The syllabus provides the framework for lessons
- Instrumental in cracking exams with good results
Find below the contents in science syllabus prescribed by the JAC for class 10.
|Chapter 1 – Chemical Reactions and Equations
|Chapter 2 – Acids Bases and Salt
|Chapter 3 – Metals and Non-Metals
|Chapter 4 – Carbon and its Compounds
|Chapter 5 – Periodic Classification of Elements* (This chapter has been deleted from the syllabus of 2020-21)
|Chapter 6 – Life Process
|Chapter 7 – Control and Coordination* (This chapter has been deleted from the syllabus of 2020-21)
|Chapter 8 – How do Organisms Reproduce?
|Chapter 9 – Heredity and Evolution
|Chapter 10 – Light-Reflection and Refraction
|Chapter 11 – The Human Eye and The Colourful World* (Few topics from this chapter have been deleted from the syllabus of 2020-21)
|Chapter 12 – Electricity* (Few topics from this chapter have been deleted from the syllabus of 2020-21)
|Chapter 13 – Magnetic Effects of Electric Current* (This chapter has been deleted from the syllabus of 2020-21)
|Chapter 14 – Sources of Energy
|Chapter 15 – Our Environment
|Chapter 16 – Sustainable Management of Natural Resources* (This chapter has been deleted from the syllabus of 2020-21)
Why study science
Let us try to understand why science needs to be part of our curriculum.
- Help to understand natural phenomena
- Knowledge helps arrive at accurate information
- Improves critical thinking ability
- Aims at understanding different scientific processes and procedures
- Can be opted as higher studies
For more details about Jharkhand Board exam notifications and to access the free study materials, stay tuned to BYJU’S.