The following organizations are helping in combating desertification:
- United Nations Convention for Combating Desertification
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
Desertification is the process of a fertile land gradually losing its biological productivity on account of natural processes or through human activities. It is a growing concern as human survival is dependent on fertile soil for agriculture.
For more relevant articles refer to the links given below: