What is the Full form of GPA?
The full form of GPA is Grade Point Average. GPA corresponds to an education grading system that used to measure the student’s overall academic performance in a college and school. It is a numerical score that provides a clear summary of the main aspects of the academic achievement or reflection of the student in an academic year.
GPA measurement at various types of educational institutions varies across different scales. For certain schools, the measure appears on a range of 1-5, and in other schools on a scale of 1-10. The total GPA number is the average of all complete final grades received in a subject or course or academic results over a given time.
Importance of GPA
- Many organizations have used GPA for the accuracy of being eligible and appropriate for the career of a candidate
- In the interview, these organizations often find separating the GPA in academics from results for selection processes.
- GPA can not calculate a candidate’s success. It can be used to determine the evaluation & performance of the applicant.
- Recent analyzes and research on GPA found no correlation between the performance of an employee and his GPA.
Benefits of GPA
- The method of education grading has reduced the ranking burden of the learners, allowing them to learn without stress.
- The category of education grading is based upon an advanced system of classification.
- The system of education rankings helps the learners to identify their strengths and weaknesses.
- The grading standard for education has made the studies simpler and more evident in many aspects.
Limitations of GPA
- Because of the rating system in education, children are expected to perform less.
- The education grading standard demotivates learners who perform higher compared to those who perform less as they come in percentage classification on an equal level.
- There is a rise in ignorance due to lethargy in students as the grading standard in education has divided the marks of various tasks including assignments, presentations and final exams.
- The education rating standard is found to be poor in giving students accurate outcomes.