Examinations are the second most important educational concept, the first being education itself. Exams are one way of determining how thoroughly and relevantly a person understands concepts at a given time. They are one way of putting knowledge into practice.
Many students study because they take exams.
Learners can understand their knowledge through exams. It evaluates the skills of students and allows them to overcome their nervousness eventually. It’s an effective means of measuring knowledge and also helps in estimating how much they’ve learnt. It is promoting competition among students. It helps to build an individual ‘s confidence and personality.
What is the importance of examination?
- Exams help to obtain more discipline and dedication.
- It helps us stay focused under pressure.
- We can obtain qualifications through examinations we would like to have.
- Time management is an important thing in life which can be learned by examination.
- The examination process encourages us to learn new things and develop our knowledge.
Different types of exams:
Exams are used to test how well you learned your course addressed subjects, core concepts and topics. If you are inside the campus or outside or online, you may need to do one or a combination of the exam types below.
- Multiple-choice questions
- Short answer questions
- Open/seen questions
- Open book type exams
- Take home type exams
- Practical type exams
- Oral type exams
Some examples of exam related full forms:
Abbreviations are most widely used in the field of exam to define the name of the exam. Some examples include
- CAT – Common Admission Test
- GATE – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
- IAS – Indian Administrative Service
- NET – National Eligibility Test
- UPSC – Union Public Service Commission
- ICSE – Indian Certificate of Secondary Education
Benefits of Examination Full Forms
Most of the names of the exams are in the form of acronyms. Students willing to take the exams must know the full form of the exams before they prepare for the test.