What is the Full form of CAIIB?
The full form of CAIIB is the Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers. It is an examination carried out twice a year by the IIBF (Indian Institute of Banking and Finance). Founded in 1928, the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance now comprises more than 700 financial institutions.
- It is one of the IIBF ‘s premium exams to the get the finest from officers who already are representatives of the Indian Banking and Finance Institute.
- This test is performed to assess the advanced methods of decision-making and general banking administration.
- It consists of 2 necessary documents and one optional document.
- It aims to include advanced decision-making, risk management & general bank management expertise and skills. It’s carried out mostly in offline mode.
- Across the banking sector, CAIIB is widely recognised.
- The major aspirants are workers of NABARD, SIDBI, RBI, commercial banks, local rural banks & cooperative banks, etc.
- Staff members who successfully pass the CAIIB test get benefits such as increments, bonuses, promotions, etc.
Optional and compulsory papers of CAIIB examination
CAIIB examination consists of two compulsory documents and optional documents which are listed below.
Optional documents or papers
- Central banking
- Cooperative banking
- Corporate banking
- Retail banking
- Financial advising
- Risk management
- Information technology
- Treasury management
- Rural banking
- Human resources management
- International banking
Compulsory documents or papers
- Bank Financial Management
- Advanced Bank Management
Eligibility criteria for CAIIB examination
The eligibility criteria to attend CAIIB examinations are
- To qualify for the CAIIB exam, the applicant must be a member of the IIBF (Indian Institute of Banking and Finance).
- Most of the public banks evaluate their hiring on the CAIIB scoreboard.