What is the Full form of IBM?
The full form of IBM is International Business Machines. IBM Corporation is a global IT and outsourcing company, a respected name in the IT sector. Headquarters is located in Armonk, New York, USA, the company produces software & hardware computers and provides telecommunications, hosting & consulting services in more than 170 countries.
The category classification can be classified into different fields, including IT infrastructure, cloud computing, data analysis, cognitive and so on.
History of IBM
- Charles Ranlett Flint founded The Company as CTR (Computing Tabulating Recording Company) on 16 June 1911. It was the result of the three-business union; Tabulating Machine Company, International Time Recording Company, and Computing Scale Company.
- The name CTR changed into IBM in 1924.
- IBM introduced its first production computer in the 1950s (IBM’s 701 defence calculator). It was an electronic device that was for general use.
- In 1957, IBM created a programming language, FORTRAN.
- In 1933, IBM acquires the patents, tools, and production facilities of Electromatic Typewriters, Inc., of Rochester, N.Y.
- In 1935 – Introduction of the IBM Electric Typewriter, Model 01 (Improved).
- The company launched the first hard-drive in 1956 (305 RAMAC).
- In 1967, floppy disks were introduced, and the process through which the information was stored and transferred modified the method.
- In 1970, IBM, in cooperation with American Express and American Airlines, developed the first airline ticket vending kiosk.
- In 1972 IBM made its first ATM (IBM 2984).
- In 1981, IBM introduced the first Personal Computer(IBM PC).
Service provided by IBM
- Resiliency Services
- Technical support services
- Security services
- IBM offers a range of business & corporate solutions.