What is the full form of the NAAC?
The full form of NAAC is National Assessment and Accreditation Council. It is an autonomous body that evaluates and accredits Higher Education in India. It was founded by UGC (University Grants Commission) of India following the recommendations of the National Education Policy that emphasized the standard of India’s higher education. NAAC was formed in 1994 and its headquarter is located in Bangalore.
Goal & Vision of NAAC
- Its objective is to improve performance via quality assessment, promotion and other programs, a determining characteristic in higher education. It has separated its goal into several roles to achieve its vision that is listed below.
- Periodic evaluation and accreditation of Higher Education institutions
- To create unique academic programs & initiatives to increase the quality of education.
- To foster self-evaluation, transparency, imagination and freedom in higher education.
- To carry out quality education research studies, consulting and training programs
- Acting in collaboration with the other higher education stakeholders for evaluation criteria and encouragement.
- Contribute to the national growth
- Impart worldwide qualifications among graduates
- Encouragement of technology in education
- Quality quest.
Significant points about NAAC
- NAAC has a professionally configured and exceptionally well-stocked library that encompasses all aspects of higher education that are directly connected to higher education excellence and qualification.
- The list includes evaluation and accreditation names, teaching & learning methods, course development, instructional methods, staff growth, women’s studies, development of the students, etc.
- It also has a unique AIU, UGC, World Bank, UNESCO & numerous other reputable accreditation bodies’ publications.
- SSR (Self Study Reports), IQAC (Internal Quality Assurance Cell Reports), and (RAR) Re-Accreditation Reports are separate collections in the library.