What is the full form of PhD?
The full form of PhD is Doctor of Philosophy. In some countries, Ph. D also termed as DPhil or D.Phil. A doctorate holder can use the word ‘Dr.’ before their name and be considered as a doctor. Ph. D curriculum is the most notable training in a profession and a man graduating with a PhD is considered to be highly qualified in his sector.
It is an internationally recognized PG program which requires years of study, so one has to publish and access his work to receive a PhD. Most doctoral degrees require completion of the coursework, detailed exams and a thesis and need at least three years of guidance for the research.
- Candidates can only pursue a PhD course if they have completed their Master’s degree in a particular field or course or stream where they intend to start a PhD.
- Some universities also clearly state candidates must have done an MPhil to undertake a PhD course they are offering.
- Nonetheless, several colleges require that candidates fulfil the qualifications they offer for PhD programs whether they have cleared UGC NET.
- Candidates who wish to pursue a PhD in Engineering must have a justifiable GATE score.
Objectives of the PhD course
- PhD is one of the standards and most prestigious academic degrees awarded by any institution.
- The primary goal of the doctoral degrees is to educate the next generation of leading researchers and scientists.
List of a subject in which PhD degree is offered
- Management of Health Care
- Organizational Behavior