What is the full form of IFT?
The full form of IFT is Thin Film Transistor. It is a display screen technique used in LCD (liquid crystal display). An active component that serves as a switch for each pixel to be switched on and off is TFTs. These are made up of a broad range of semiconductor compounds similar to silicon.
Important points about IFT
- In TFT, one to four transistors regulate every pixel. Among all the flat-panel processes, the TFT technology is renowned for its high resolution, but it is also quite costly.
- TFT screens are often referred to as active-matrix LCDs since each pixel uses a transistor organized in the matrix form.
The key device used in TFT technology
The key devices featuring TFT Technology are listed below
- Computer screen (monitor)
- Navigation systems
- Video gaming systems
- PDAs (Personal digital assistants)
- Besides, AMOLED screens contain a TFT layer.
Benefits of IFT
- The key benefit of TFT technology is that, for each pixel on the display, it has a separate, small transistor.
- As the picture is updated many times per second, it allows the display to refresh quite fast.