- Rights are defined as claims of an individual that are essential for the development of his or her own self and that are recognized by society or the State.
- A duty is something that someone is expected or required to do.
- Rights and duties are interdependent.
- Life can become smoother if rights and duties go hand in hand and become complementary to each other.
- Rights are what one want others to do for him/her, whereas duties are those acts that one should perform for others.
- Thus, a right comes with an obligation to show respect for the rights of others. The obligations that accompany rights are in the form of duties.
Further Reading :