The tribal communities face many challenges and problems. A few common ones are listed below:
- Poverty and exploitation.
- Economic and technological backwardness.
- Socio-cultural handicaps.
- Problems of assimilation with the non-tribal population.
- Illiteracy among tribals is a major hindrance to their development.
- The problem of health and nutrition is very common among tribals due to the lack of proper medical and sanitary facilities and poverty.
- Indebtedness due to lack of adequate sources of income.
- Tribals living in a village along with caste groups, sects and religious groups and maintaining their identity
- Tribals who have been degraded to the status of untouchables.
- Scheduled Tribes & PVTGs
- Status of Tribal Population in India
- Major Factors Responsible for Tribal Revolts in India
|Indian Polity Notes||What is the classification of Tribal communities?|
|UPSC Mains Answer Writing Practice 2021-22||Tribals and Issue of Land Rights|
|UPSC Mains 2022||Best Magazines For UPSC Preparation|