Here’s a simple yet impressive essay on Dussehra for kids. Who doesn’t like to enjoy and rejoice in the festivities during the year? Everyone eagerly awaits Dussehra from the beginning of the year. It is a pleasant break from the daily hectic work regime. Young kids especially look forward to having fun and making merry during the festivities. This Dussehra essay in English will guide kids to write a few lines on this auspicious festival of Hindus.
Dussehra is one of the major festivals that is celebrated by Hindus in India. It is an elaborate festival celebrated with immense enthusiasm, pomp and show throughout the country. Dussehra is an auspicious ceremony that begins with Navratri, which is a ten-day-long festival. Students usually get long holidays at school to enjoy the festival thoroughly. They are often asked to write an interesting Dussehra essay for kids in English soon after they resume classes in school.
Here, we bring you 10 lines Dussehra essay in English for kids that will help them to pick some useful ideas before they draft an essay on this festival. This Dussehra essay will enlighten youngsters as to why we celebrate Dussehra in India particularly by Hindus. Let’s begin the Dussehra essay in English 10 lines:
Download “Dussehra Essay In English” PDF for Free
Dussehra Essay In English
- Dussehra is the most auspicious festival celebrated by Hindus across India.
- This festival is also popularly known as Vijayadashami in some parts of the country.
- According to Hindu mythology, it is believed that on this day Goddess Durga eliminated the demon, Mahishasura from the earth.
- Dussehra symbolises Lord Rama’s victory over demon King Ravana which signifies the victory of the power of good over evil.
- To enjoy the festival, people enact the battle through skits and plays in a dramatic form which is called Ram-Leela.
- People in North India perform Ram-Leela by burning huge life-size effigies of demon Ravana and his brothers.
- They fill those effigies with explosives and aim an arrow with fire that results in splendid fireworks and stunning visuals.
- This festival makes us believe that there is light at the end of every tunnel and the victory of good over evil and truth over lies.
- People celebrate this festival with great fervour, joy and enthusiasm and wait for it eagerly from the beginning of the year.
- Dussehra teaches us an important lesson that good always triumphs over evil and the importance of righteousness and integrity in our lives.
We hope the above Dussehra essay in English 10 lines proves beneficial for kids who want to write an essay on this interesting topic. We have made a humble attempt from our end to bring forth the essence of the Dussehra festival in the above essay. Students can refer to the sample essay and pick some useful tips while drafting a few lines Dussehra essay in English.
The above Dussehra essay for kids will help them in learning why do we celebrate Dussehra with great fervour and enthusiasm in India. Besides, this Dussehra essay will also guide them on how to frame simple sentences while describing the purpose of the festival and enhance their English writing skills at the same time. You can explore more such amazing essay topics for kids, by clicking on the linked article.
For more engrossing resources such as English Poems, Enchanting Stories, GK Questions, NCERT Solutions, Trivia Questions, etc, you can check our Kids Learning section and make learning a fun-filled journey of learning for your little one!