What is the full form of ACP?
The full form of ACP is the Assistant Commissioner of Police. In the IPS (Indian Police Service), it is known as one of the top ranks. A rank used in police forces worldwide is the ACP. It is a rank that is also used in many nations in revenue administrations such as income tax, property, inland, customs, and so on. In the ability of the SDM (Sub-Divisional Magistrate) to resolve disputes, the ACP of land taxes is also granted magisterial powers.
There are two potential routes to get the grade and those are
- Either chosen after passing the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) review and interview or
- Elevated after 15-20 years of completion of the course of service by state police systems. After the grade of Police Commissioner in the Indian Police Service, the ACP occupies one of the upper ranks.
- ACP is considered to be one of the noblest positions and is viewed with high respect.
- The ACP is responsible for the administration of the department’s everyday affairs, including criminal & related offences.
- He is also accountable for supplying positive reviews on departmental strategies, decisions, and behavior.
- The ACP is responsible for its superior authorities and, if needed, is also responsible to make the required information.