What is the full form of a B.Sc?
The full form of a B.Sc is a Bachelor of Science. B.Sc is a three-year science and technology undergraduate course. After passing the exam in the 12th class, it is a crucial degree course among science students. This period of the course can vary from country to country. It is a three-year program in India and a five-year program in Argentina. B.Sc is an undergraduate course available at basically all Indian universities. The qualification is given in many science topics. B.Sc is the second-highest attempted course in India after BEd.
B.Sc degree is an essential course which provides common theoretical and practical knowledge of B.Sc subjects, including Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Botany, Zoology, etc. Computer science, Biotechnology, Nursing, IT, Agriculture, Nautical Science, Chemistry, Physics, etc., are major B.Sc specialisations.
Eligibility criteria for B.Sc course
- The age restriction for admission to B.Sc courses is at least 18 years or above.
- The essential criteria are 50 to 60% in Class 12th from any recognised university.
- The students in their higher secondary level should have core topics such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Qualifying criteria for B.Sc may vary based on the college selected, and the applicant must fulfil all the requirements for enrollment to top B.Sc colleges.
Types of B.Sc course
There are two types of B.Sc program, B.Sc Honours and B.Sc General. The difference between the two courses is explained below.
|The B.Sc Honors program is structured to provide the student community with specialised, practical, theoretical and research skills. It is a more uniform degree, concentrating mainly on one major subject.
The duration of the B.Sc honours course is between 3 to 5 years.
|The general B.Sc program is designed to provide basic knowledge of Science to students. It basically encompasses all major subjects of Science.
The duration of the B.Sc general course is between 3 to 5 years.
|The eligibility criteria for students to get admission for B.Sc honours is that candidates must clear 12th class from reputed university with minimum aggregate marks.
|The eligibility criteria for students to get admission for B.Sc general is that candidates must clear 12th class from a reputed university with minimum aggregate marks.
|B.Sc honour is usually a full-time course.
|B.Sc general is a full-time and part-time course.
Future after B.Sc qualification
- After completion of B.Sc graduation, candidates can apply for post-graduation courses such as M.Sc or Master of business administration.
- If the applicant wishes to join employment, there are plenty of job openings for a science graduate with a good score in the government and private sectors. For example, a teacher in school and degree colleges, a research assistant in institutes, consultant, drug safety associate, clinical research assistant, etc.