What is the full form of RTO?
The full form of RTO is the Regional Transport Office or Road Transport Office. RTO is the Indian Government’s organization responsible for keeping an automobile data system and driver database for various Indian states. An RTO is set up in every state and provides driving licenses and vehicle registration documents. Currently, RTO offices have digitized cards in most jurisdictions and The card is the size of a PAN card, has a picture of the holder, as well as information about the vehicle.
Responsibility Of RTO
RTO is concerned with driving licences, road fund licensing and road tax, also known as organizing excise duty collection for vehicles and selling custom registration. Some of the critical roles RTO performs are stated as follows
- New vehicle registration.
- RTO maintains the record of all registered automobiles.
- RTO issues the license of an automobile driver or owner.
- Routine inspection of automobiles.
- RTO issues the documents to assert automobile fitness.
- RTO Collects the once-in-a-lifetime road tax from automobile owners.
- Manage licenses offered to autos, trucks, taxis, etc.
- RTO implements the new rules and regulations issued by the Government concerning automobiles.
- Checking the emission levels and issuing pollution documents for automobiles.
RTO State Code of India
|JK||Jammu and Kashmir|