What is the Full form of NASDAQ?
The full form of NASDAQ is the National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations. It is an American & Canadian stock market that enables investors to purchase stocks on a computer server that is automated, clear and quick. It belongs to the NASDAQ OMX Group, which is based in New York, USA. It is the 2nd largest stock exchange following the NYSE (New York Stock Exchange) in market capitalization. It has stylized as NASDAQ at present.
History of NASDAQ
- NASDAQ was created on 8 February 1971 by the NASD (National Association of Securities Dealers). At the moment it was a board-type computer bulletin program.
- It developed the IPO (initial public offering) in 1975 that allowed the development firms to raise funds to build their firms.
- In 1985 NASDAQ-100 Index was created.
- It introduced the first website for the market www.nasdaq.com in 1996.
- It integrated with the US Stock Exchange in 1998 and established the NASDAQ-AMEX Market Association.
- The NASDAQ External Link was reorganized in 2000 to form the NASDAQ Stock Exchange, incorporated
- NASDAQ purchased Swedish-Finnish Finance company (OMX) in 2007 and renamed to NASDAQ OMX group.
- NASDAQ OMX purchased the Philadelphia Stock Exchange in 2008 that was the oldest US stock market.
- NASDAQ OMX provides a mobile edition of the Site in 2009, nasdaq.com.
Quotes of NASDAQ
NASDAQ includes 3 level quote
1st Level quote – Offers lowest and highest bid detail.
2nd level quote – offers information about the dealers willing to sell or buy the shares.
3rd level quote – allows market participants to enter and execute orders in the required quotes.
Some of the largest firms mentioned on NASDAQ
- Infosys Limited
- Cisco, etc