What is the Full form of NIIT?
The full form of NIIT is the National Institute of Information Technology. NIIT is a multinational education-oriented organization focused on information and computer technology and its headquarters in Gurgaon, India. It is primarily known for its IT training but also offers corporate IT solutions. It is among India’s top providers of computer education.
It also offers training for IT certification, including CCNA & NET certification, Java certification., etc. NIIT is classified in India on both the NSE (National Stock Exchange ) & BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange).
A brief history of NIIT
- NIIT was founded in 1981 by IIT Delhi graduates Rajendra S. Pawar & Vijay K. Thadani, with a million rupees. For the first time, NIIT developed a franchise model for IT education, founding nine centres by 1987.
- NIIT started its journey into the software field in 1986, starting with Software Product Delivery under the label Insoft.
- The business was reorganized in 2004 into two categories called NIIT Limited and NIIT Technologies.
- Baring Private Equity Asia acquired a management stake in NIIT Technologies Ltd in May 2019.
Subsidies of NIIT
- NIIT Ireland Ltd
- NIIT (USA), Inc.
- NIIT Institute of Finance, Banking & Insurance Training Ltd.
- NIIT Institute of Process Excellence Ltd.
- Mindchampion Learning Systems Limited
- Learning Universe Private Limited
- NIIT Learning Solutions (Canada) Limited
- NIIT Antilles NV
- NIIT Yuva Jyoti Limited.
NIIT training centres
There are many training centres across the country,l, which are listed below.
- Andhra Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Tamil Nadu
- West Bengal
NIIT also offers training in many nations around the world, including Canada, USA, Australia, China, New Zealand, South Africa and so on.