Article 371 G of the Indian Constitution deals with the special provisions for the state of Mizoram. This article was added by the 53rd Constitutional Amendment Act of 1986. The provisions are as follows:
- The Acts of Parliament relating to the following matters would not apply to Mizoram unless the State Legislative Assembly so decides:
- Religious or social practices of the Mizos
- Mizo customary law and procedure
- Administration of civil and criminal justice, involving decisions according to Mizo customary law and
- Ownership and transfer of land.
- The Mizoram Legislative Assembly is to consist of not less than 40 members.