WBSED is the short form of School Education Department, West Bengal. This is among the five education boards in West Bengal which oversees the education in the state. The West Bengal School Education Department is responsible for improvising the quality of education in the state for all the primary, secondary and higher secondary schools affiliated to the West Bengal board all throughout the state.
WBSED Board Overview:
|WBSED Full Form||School Education Department, West Bengal|
|Administered by||State Government of West Bengal|
|Headquarters||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Role||Implementing Policies of West Bengal State Government|
West Bengal School Education Department Roles and Vision
The main responsibility of the WBSED is to implement the educational policies of the West Bengal government in all the primary, secondary, and higher secondary schools in the state. There are several entities within the board who are responsible for conducting examinations, textbooks, preparing curriculum, inspection, recruiting staffs, executing policies, making materials, etc. As a whole, the vision of West Bengal School Education Department is to ensure quality and world-class education is provided to the students studying in the affiliated schools all across the state.
The Mission of School Education Department, West Bengal
The main mission of the WBSED is to ensure that the entire education system from primary to higher secondary is universalized. Among the various missions of the school education board, some of the key points are:
- Ensuring everyone has universal access to information and materials.
- Increasing enrolment percentage of students in higher secondary levels.
- Ensuring that 100% girls are enrolled.
- Improving retention rate and thereby reducing drop out rates.
- Ensuring proper infrastructure is maintained.
- Encouraging Computer Education & Literacy.
- Rationalizing Pupil to Teacher Ratio at the elementary level.
Initiatives of the WBSED
To ensure these missions are properly achieved, there are various initiatives that the board have come up with. Some of the key initiative by the WBSED are:
- National Programme of Nutritional Support to Primary Education (Mid-day Meals, free textbooks, etc.)
- Various Scholarship Programmes (Central & Middle Scholarships, West Bengal Merit-cum-Means Scholarships)
- National Talent Search Examination
- Incentive Schemes for Girl Students
- Schemes Related to Information and Communication Technology i.e. ICT
- E-Governance to improve quality of service delivery
|WB Class 10 Madhyamik Pariksha||WB Class 12 HS Exam|
|West Bengal Board Exam Pattern||West Bengal Board Syllabus|
|WB Board Books||Previous Year Question Paper|
Keep visiting BYJU’S to get complete information about WBSED or the School Education Department, West Bengal. Also, get complete assistance for the WB board exams along with various study materials.