Fractions are one of the essential mathematical concepts that children must learn. Once the kids have learned the numbers, introduce them to BYJU’S fractions worksheets. Allow the little ones to understand factors and their properties. Firstly, teach them how a fraction is represented mathematically. When kids are comfortable with these worksheets, gradually introduce them to multiplying fractions worksheets. The kids learning process seems interesting when you keep their learning sessions entertaining and fun-filled. Children enjoy their maths classes and revision sessions when you include games and activities.
What are Fractions?
Fractions are one of the ways to represent whole numbers. In simple words, fractions can be a part or a small section of a whole. In this scenario, the whole can be considered as a number. To help kids understand the concept of fractions, let us take a look at this example. A pizza is divided into 6 parts, and it can be mathematically written as ⅙. This implies one in six parts. You can read it as one-sixth or 1 by 6. Hence, this is called a fraction. To learn and understand fractions, help kids practise and revise fractions worksheets.
A fraction comprises a numerator and denominator.
- Numerator: A numerator is written on the upper part of the fraction. For example, in 3/4, 3 is the numerator, and a numerator represents the number of sections.
- Denominator: A denominator is written on the lower part of the fraction. For instance, in 1/4, 4 is the denominator, and a denominator represents the total number of parts a whole is divided into.
Also, refer to Decimals to Fractions Worksheets.
A Detailed List of Fractions Worksheets with Answers
Fractions worksheets help children analyse and learn. Once the kids have mastered fractions by practising the addition of fractions worksheets and subtracting fractions worksheets, they find it easy to revise the fractions to decimals worksheets. For instance, 0.75 is equal to 3/4, or 3 parts out of 4. This is an important skill for little learners to understand. It makes it easier for them to do multiplication and division problems by using BYJU’S multiplying fractions worksheets and dividing fractions worksheets. Here is a comprehensive list of fractions worksheets for kids.
Download Addition of Fractions Worksheets Pdf Download PDF
Download Subtracting Fractions Worksheets Download PDF
Download Free Multiplying Fractions Worksheets Download PDF
Download Printable Dividing Fractions Worksheets Download PDF
Types of Fractions
Once the children have finished practising the fractions worksheets, introduce them to the types of fractions.
- Proper Fraction: Proper fractions implies the fractions where the numerator is lesser than the denominator. For instance, 2/4, 7/9, 5/8 and so on.
- Improper Fraction: An improper fraction is the opposite of the proper fraction, which means the numerator is more than or equal to the denominator. For example, 5/4, 9/6, 8/3 and so on.
- Unit Fraction: Unit fractions are those fractions where the numerator is 1. For example, 1/3, 1/5, 1/7 and so on.
- Mixed Fraction: This type of fraction is a mixture of a proper fraction and a whole number. For example, 3 1/6, 6 8/5 and so on.
For more Kids Learning activities, visit BYJU’S website.
Frequently Asked Questions on Fractions Worksheets
What are fractions in maths?
Fractions are one of the ways to represent whole numbers. In simple words, fractions can be a part or a small section of a whole. In this scenario, the whole can be considered as a number. Also, provide the kids with BYJU’S fractions worksheets.
What are the types of fractions?
The types of fractions are proper fractions, improper fractions, unit fractions and mixed fractions.
What are the types of fractions worksheets for kids?
The types of fractions worksheets for kids are the addition of fractions worksheets pdf, subtracting fractions worksheets, free multiplying fractions worksheets and printable dividing fractions worksheets.
|Dividing Fractions Worksheets
|Prime Factorization Worksheets
|Equivalent Fractions Worksheets
|Multiplying Fractions Worksheets