Copper sulphate is an inorganic compound that is made of copper and sulphur. It is a toxic substance and its toxicity depends on the copper content. It is found in food, environment and water. It is also referred to as blue vitriol, Roman vitriol, the vitriol of copper, and bluestone. It has a chemical formula as follows CuSO4. In this article, we shall be discussing more on the copper sulfate formula and the general properties of copper sulfate.
Copper Sulfate Properties
|Copper Sulfate Properties
|Bluestone, Blue vitriol, cupric sulfate and copper sulfate
|Odourless blue powder or blue crystal
|Soluble in water
Copper Sulfate Chemical Structure
Copper Sulfate Uses
- Used as an electrolyte for copper refining and copper coating processes.
- Used in the correction of copper deficiency in the soil.
- Used as a growth stimulator for fattening pigs and broiler chickens.
- Used in colouring glasses.
- Used as a preservative in caesin and other glues.
To learn more about such chemistry topics register to BYJU’S now!